BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Photoshop Experience


It’s amazing the things you can learn while attending Full Sail University. I have recently signed up for an opportunity to edit headshot for ESPN Sports. This give student from Full Sail the opportunity to learn how to use a program called Photoshop. This tool is where you can design or redesign things of choice if possible. I went on Tuesday August 16, 2011 for a lesson on how to use Photoshop. First the instructor had us to download a file to our computer with headshots of college football players from Arizona State. Then we were instructed with other directions to learn to add photos and crop them step-by-step. When first using Photoshop it seems as if this program is too advanced to learn how to navigate, but when someone shows you it’s really easy. Learning how to crop photos showed me that people who study the field of gaming and design has many tidiest steps to make sure photos are crop correctly and filed in a certain order. When cropping photos for headshots there must be a certain color in order for the photo to show correctly on television. When learning a program like this it’s really important that the instructor for the workshop knows how to teach and has no problem having a one on one with each student. After a few practice examples each step became easier and easier. I was taught how to save the headshot a certain way, for example, last name underscore first name and save it as Targa. I learned when saving the headshots in a certain way all the computer has to do is located when requested.  This makes it more technical than people going to hand pick the headshots themselves. Even though I am an Entertainment Business major it’s great to be well rounded in any area. My instructor also informed me that a lot of marketing people at ESPN ask many questions on how to crop a headshot. With this for future I will know how to crop in Photoshop, and this will make me more advance on my resume.

0 comments: