BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 8, 2011

Relationships/Marriages in a Business Setting


 This month I am currently taking Artist and Product Management. We have learned about when dealing with different products or artist it becomes somewhat of a relationship or marriage. I have recently started branding an upcoming incorporated company. Society Entertainment Incorporate is an umbrella company that consists of a music label, photography, online magazine etc. This company has been up and running for four years now, but haven’t had a great team/staff to help it become successful.
  For the past two months I have been meeting with the owner to help build the company to become more successful. When dealing with the owner I guess you can say it’s a new relationship. He has dealt with people who say they would help him establish his company, but doesn’t hold up to their word. Now when it comes to me saying that I’m there to help it’s hard for him trust. Not only does he has trust issues with people who says one thing and does another I also have the same trust issues. Many owners of different promotion companies locally that haven’t held up to their word have damaged my trust to help others. So we have decided to develop six-month goals to not only show each other that we support one another, but also show ourselves that we are really accomplishing things. These goals help one another to feel secure with each other and us. This will show him that I can be trusted and that I accomplished everything I said I’m going to do, and also what he is suppose to do as an owner. We have everything in writing so there wouldn’t be a miss understanding later down the line.  When dealing with people in a business aspect it’s best to get an understanding of what each other expect from each person. When each person gets an understanding it’s best that you and the person gets that information in writing signed and agreed if a later confutation where to happen and not only that, but to check back in later months to make sure everyone is staying on task.

0 comments: